dotConnect for PostgreSQL is an enhanced data provider built over ADO.NET
architecture and a development framework with a number of innovative
technologies. With state of the art ORM solutions such as Entity Framework
and LINQ to SQL, it introduces new approaches for designing applications and
boosts productivity of database application development.
* Database Application Development Extensions. dotConnect for PostgreSQL has a rich set of design time tools that leverage the development process greatly. Particularly, there are convenient component editors, wizards and managers, toolset for live data binding, DDEX, a and much more.
* PostgreSQL Advanced Features Support. dotConnect for PostgreSQL allows developers to harness full capabilities of the PostgreSQL server. dotConnect for PostgreSQL supports such PostgreSQL-specific features as secure SSL connections, PostgreSQL notifications, PostgreSQL bulk data loading and others.
* Optimized Code. dotConnect for PostgreSQL assemblies are implemented using optimized code
and advanced data access algorithms.
* ORM Support. dotConnect for PostgreSQL offers enhanced ORM support with a bundled visual designer for ORM models - Entity Developer. It offers you advanced support for Model-First and Database-First design approaches and flexible T4 template-based code generation for the model. dotConnect for PostgreSQL supports Entity Framework v1 - v6.1, NHibernate, and LinqConnect (formerly known as LINQ to PostgreSQL) - Devart's own ORM solution, closely compatible
to Microsoft LINQ to SQL. dotConnect for PostgreSQL supports Entity Framework Spatials, Code First, Code First Migrations.
* Workflow Foundation Support. Provides support for PostgreSQL Workflow Instance Store and Workflow
* BIS Support. dotConnect for PostgreSQL supports Reporting and Analytics services and
offers Source and Destination Data Flow components for Integration Services
* Support for ASP.NET Identity 1 and 2
* Sync Framework Support